Let’s take a moment to talk about this post on Brainpicker’s discovery engine for meaningful knowledge, fueled by cross-disciplinary curiosity that I’m choosing not to link to, for reasons that will shortly become clear. In fact, let’s make this a listicle. That would be fun, right?
- It is reposted — not reblogged — from another Tumblr blog
- There is not a word of attribution. The image links to the original post, but that’s it.
- Her tweet (also not linking, sorry) goes to her unattributed reblog, also without attribution.
- Seriously, this is the inventor of the Curator’s Code. What the literally fuck?
- I don’t find Curiosity and the Olympics to be remotely comparable, but I suppose that is a matter of opinion.
- This pie chart is an “infographic”
- An “apalling infographic”. Presumably because it’s not actually an infographic, it’s a pie chart.
- A pie chart is not the kind of chart you use to compare data.
- “Tragedy of priorities” lol